Family Support Worker
I’d like to introduce myself – for those who do not know me, I like to be known as Lynn. I have been at St Augustine’s school since March 2015. My working hours are 8.30am – 4pm Mon- Fri, although I am flexible. I do have an open door policy, although it is better to make an appointment to be sure I am available. I can see you in school or at home.
My contact details are:
School number: 01772 253851 (option 2)
Mobile number: 07903645341
I have a vast amount of experience/ knowledge/ skills that are beneficial to supporting families. My current role as Family Support Worker involves many aspects. Here are just some:
- To support parents/pupil with any educational, behavioural, well- being or other concerns that they may have
- To support parents with benefit, debt or housing issues
- To support families where a child has attendance and punctuality issues
- To refer families on to other people/agencies who can help them e.g. The Key Family Support, Barnados, etc
I am trained in:
- behaviour management
- delivering parenting programs
- direct group work with children and parents
- Special Educational Needs
- family mediation
- and these are just some!
All support and advice is confidential. Although I do not have all the answers, I can assist and support you to find a solution. Sometimes parents just need someone to talk, to off load and I am here.
Parenting is a challenging role and can often be stressful, I know I’m a mum and I’ve been there!
Useful websites for help or advice: