St Augustine’s school has a PTA (Parent Teachers’ Association)
All parents are by definition members and all are welcome to join us for a PTA meeting once a month, usually the first Tuesday of the mont.
Current members: Rosina Gordon, Brian Gordon and Charlene Mackinson
What does a PTA do?
A PTA can:
- Raise funds to help the school provide resources and extras for the pupil
- Run social events for parents and children Provide support for school trips and outings and other special events
- Run after-school clubs for sport, music or drama
- Organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place
- Be a chance to meet and talk to other parents.
Notes from the latest PTA meeting
CAKE SALE:- We are going to continue having cake sales and the next one will be on THURSDAY 2ND OF APRIL. This will be held in the infant hall straight after school. Please let me know if you can help out. All donations welcome. Letters will go out and dojos.
MOTHERS DAY/FATHERS DAY WRAPPING - We will continue to do this and this Friday 13th of March will be 'own clothes day' in exchange for a donation of a gift for a mother. Letter to follow. On FRIDAY 20TH MARCH all children can bring in money (up to £3) to buy a gift. I will buy the wrapping paper etc. Again please let me know if you can come in on Friday 20th march at 9am to help wrap the gifts.
TOAST - We discussed whether to continue this or not because of bagels and support. It was agreed that we would continue this after Easter. This will start on WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL. Mr Stewart agreed to buy the bread and butter and Mrs Laly and Ms Smith would take it in turns to make the toast. Please let me know if there are any problems with this and I will send out a reminder. A letter will go out about this soon.
The next PTA meeting will be on Tuesday 28th of April at 2:45. Please pass on the message and encourage others to come.