Welcome to an exciting new year of learning in Year 3. Mrs Smithson-Shaw and I are enjoying getting to know your children. This term our class topic is Preston.
End of Year 3 Expectations
This booklet provides information for parents and carers on the end of year expectations for children in our school. The staff have identified these expectations as being the minimum requirements your child must meet in order to ensure continued progress throughout the following year.
All the objectives will be worked on throughout the year and will be the focus of direct teaching and homework. Any extra support you can provide in helping your children to achieve these is greatly valued.
If you have any queries regarding the content of this booklet or want support in knowing how best to help your child please talk to your child’s teacher.
How you can help your child:
- Ensure that you read with your child every night and ask them questions about their book
- Practice times tables with your child
- Encourage them to complete their homework
Here are some helpful websites you can use with your child.
- Touch typing game
- Maths –subtraction
- Times tables
- Measuring using litres
- Please check your child’s reading bag daily for important letters or notes in their diary
- Our PE days are Mondays and Thursdays – please make sure that if your child’s hair is long, it is tied back and earrings are removed.
- Please ensure that all uniform and belongings are labelled with your child’s name.
Please remember that all children should wear school uniform for the duration of the school day. Children are permitted to wear boots or trainers for outdoor use but should have black school shoes in school to change into.
Please could all children bring a named water bottle to school for their own personal use during the day.
Thank you for all signing up to Class Dojo. It is a great way of getting in touch and sharing messages; especially if you, or I, are not about at the beginning or end of the school day. Also I will be sharing your child’s work with you through the class story.